I truly believe 2015 is going to be my best year- ever.
Seeing as I've already been blessed with more than my share of really good years, I'm pretty excited. Why? Because I had one of "those moments" with God on Christmas day and he told me so. And because I believe in the power of positive thinking.
Now to help move things forward, I've made some resolutions and by writing them down, I hope that will help me keep them. Here we go:
1. Go to sleep earlier and get up earlier. I am a night owl. My clock is set to be awake all night and that is just not good for my health or my work. I'm going to fight to reprogram myself this year and become an "early to bed, early to rise" convert so that I begin to live a healthier lifestyle.
2. Be on time. I am chronically late because I think everything can be done in 10 minutes. Nothing takes 10 minutes anymore- everything takes at least an hour or maybe even 2. I am going to fix this. No excuses.
3. Post at least 3 times per week on my blog. That's easy. Doesn't have to be a new recipe or even a long post but I resolve to post more about life, travels, and the good stuff more often.
4. Hit the treadmill or gym at least 5 times per week. No matter where I go or what schedule I have, if it means getting up at crack-thirty to do it, I'm going to do it.
5. Lose the 20 pounds I have gained in the past 3 years. See #4 above. Calories in, calories out. This is not a maybe- this is a must do.
6, Make more time for friends! In the past 3 years, I have not had nor made time to travel to see friends like I used to. I am going to correct that this year by working smarter!
7. Ask for and get help when I need it. Duh. It does not make you weak or less competent to ask for help.
8. Be more appreciative of those who do help me... including daily thanks and gratitude to God for all I have been given.
9. Work smarter, not harder. Use the tools I have at my disposal to create opportunities.
10. Listen to my instinct more. Don't let doubt deter me.
Ready? Let's do this! Happy 2015 to all of you. May this be your very best year yet!