FORGOT THE CARD? MAKE A DIY VALENTINE!
There's no reason to get caught without a card this Valentine's Day. You can easily make your sweetheart a flip card from anything you have around. I actually made this one from stuff I had in my car! (But friends do call my car the 'Swiss army car' because it has every possible thing you might ever need in it.)
You can come up with anything you want for the title. I called mine "The 14 Reasons I Love You". This is soooo easy, so sweet, and it will get you a lot of brownie points. A homemade card is so much better than a store-bought card. Use scrap paper, scrapbooking paper, stationery, or card stock you might already have around the house. Even a thick wrapping paper or a brown paper lunch bag can work. Use a hole punch and ribbon, twine, yarn, or even wire to hold it all together.
You can certainly go the extra mile and print these out using some fancy font on your computer. But I happen to think this handwritten version is sweet and sentimental.
- Card Stock, scrapbook paper, or brown paper
- Hole punch or an awl (an ice pick can even work)
- Ribbon, twine, yarn or any other fastener
- Marker or pens
- Cut the paper to the size you want. I used some cards I already had that were the size of business cards.
- Punch a hole in the top of each card. Make sure they all line up. If you can't punch them all at one time, use the first one as a template for the others. You can punch one in the corner or do 4 punches like I did. One on each end and two in the center to tie a bow.
- Write out your sentiments on each card. Make sure not to write too close to the top or you will not be able to see it once you tie the fastener.
- Stack the cards and secure with the ribbon.